A chain of jewelry stores
Our team was to develop an information system for a network of stores, which would allow entering the return from different stores and would have the capability of processing the data and generating reports for different periods of time.
The system we have developed allows our client to create various types of accounts and assign appropriate level of permissions for each account. Each user is able to generate a specific set of reports and enter some specific data according to their level of permissions.
A client application with user friendly interface has been developed for entering the return and performing other common operations. The application sends out the data through Web Services.
To reduce the load on the database server, we have developed a preprocessing module, which allows to prepare the data required for most reports and cache the data in the database tables.
- Catching database tables to improve system performance
Tools and Technologies
- Ability to generate accurate and timely statistical reports for analysis and decision-making
- Framework v1.1
- MS SQL 2000
- VS 2003
- ASP.Net (web UI for managing and reporting collected data and processes)
- T-SQL ( all time critical processes with SQL databases was optimized by using store procedures)
- SOAP ( this technology was used with communication over web in web services)
- C# (main development language)
- XML + XSLT ( transmitting data and conversation it to single format)
- Efforts: 25 man/month
- Duration – 5 months